Subject: 4mm DAT driver
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Paul Yadlowsky <psy@sanger.med.virginia.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/15/1994 08:51:19
I have an Archive Python 4mm DAT drive interfaced to my
Amiga 3000 with the stock A3000 SCSI controller.  This
drive works fine with gnutar or AmiBack from AmigaDos.
When I load NetBSD I get the following message:

  st0: ARCHIVE Python 25601-XXX rev
  st0: unsupported tape drive
  st0  at a3000scsi0, slave 5

The NetBSD FAQ says to ignore the 'unsupported tape drive' message.
The system seems to recognize that the drive is an Archive Python
and is attached to scsi device 5; this is correct.  So why do
I get the following message when I try to access this drive with
tar.

  tar: can't open /dev/rst0: Input/output error

Please note the /dev/rst0 does exist.  Do I need a different
driver for this tape drive?  If so, has anyone else already
written such a driver and is he/she willing to share it with
me?  If this is the case, can you tell me how to incorporate this
driver into the system?

Thanks,
-Paul

--

Paul Yadlowsky                           ITC-Academic Computing Health Sciences
psy@galen.med.Virginia.EDU               University of Virginia