Subject: Re: sup, downloading new code, etc..
To: None <newsham@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/14/1994 00:37:51
Hi, everybody, I'm back from the sun (Gran Canaria for one week) and have
just read through my mailbox (~300 mail-messages in one week!!!!).  I've
seen people ask for the ADOSFS, and I'll try to put together a package
this week, really!!!  It'll be GPL'd and readonly though, as I've done
nothing new for the last couple of months.

Tim> Hi, I just setup 'sup' on this sun (my net access point) and got
Tim> it to work to sup the 'ksrc-common' and 'ksrc-amiga'
Tim> distributions.  I was wondering if anyone has some good tips on
Tim> this.  I dont have networking setup between my home and my net
Tim> access.  I will be sup'ing files periodically to this sun system
Tim> and trying to download the code and building new kernels at home.
Tim> What is a good way to do this?  I would like to only download
Tim> those files that are newly sup'ed each time (I realize this is
Tim> what sup itself does but unfortunately I cant network and run sup
Tim> from home because I have but a 2400 baud modem).  Does anyone
Tim> have any pointers/tips on this?  Thanx...  Tim N.

I compiled sup for NetBSD-amiga today and did a:
tredir 871 sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu:871
and sup works almost good over term, the only problem I've had seems
to be term-related, dropping connections unnecessarily, although I
can't say it for sure.  As term will work allright over a 2400 line
you can always go that way.

Good luck!

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden     mcsun!seunet!appli!niklas