Subject: Re: How to build shared libs?
To: None <>
From: Chris Hopps <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/13/1994 13:14:48
> Hi,
> I just wonder how i can build shared libs with ar. I would like to
> build a shared tiff,tk,tcl, etc. library. Where can I get a manpage
> explaining that and where can i get a ar doing it?
> Is there something bad in changing the -O in /usr/share/mk/ to -O2
> -m68030 -m68881 ?

I don't know about the 68030 thats untested.  I compile with -O2
though.  As far as shared libs go, have you looked at the berkely make
system?  It makes things fairly simple.  If your /usr/share/mk files
are up to date you should be able to construct a file as so (see
below) and it will build static, static profiled and shared versions
of "mylib".

LIB=	mylib
SRCS=a.c b.c c.c d.c e.c

.include <>