Subject: Re: How best to keep up with development?
To: None <>
From: Ty Sarna <>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/13/1994 03:25:19
In article <> (Chris Hopps) writes:
> > - Is there an easy way for me to find out what's changed with each
> >   kernel source update?  For example, a release that fixes a few '040
> Subscribe to,  Every time a
> cvs commit is done you will get a small message about it with the note
> from the developer.  If you are not interested in common stuff, then
> setup a filter and anything that doesn't have amiga in the sbuject
> line you toss.

source-changes can be massive information overload without filtering,
and many people are not in a position to filter mail easily.  Other
might like to recieve one condensed report instead of many many tiny
messages.  For this reason, I've hacked up a little script to monitor
source-changes and post a digest of each weeks's amiga and generic-m68k
changes to the amiga list once a week.  I'll start it next friday, if
there are no objections.

(I still think noting amiga-specific changes in doc/CHANGES or
arch/amiga/doc/CHANGES would also be a good idea, though).

Ty Sarna                 "As you know, Joel, children have always looked        up to cowboys as role models. And vice versa."