Subject: Re: How best to keep up with development?
To: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Chris Hopps <chopps@emunix.emich.edu>
List: amiga-dev
Date: 02/12/1994 16:41:40

> - Is there an easy way for me to find out what's changed with each
>   kernel source update?  For example, a release that fixes a few '040
>   bugs is not worth my time building, although it will be for other
>   people.  I'd rather not build something that gives me less functionality
>   (such as .744 - I use .730 for development since I can use GDB with it).

Subscribe to source-changes@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu,  Every time a
cvs commit is done you will get a small message about it with the note
from the developer.  If you are not interested in common stuff, then
setup a filter and anything that doesn't have amiga in the sbuject
line you toss.

>   I don't have the disk space to maintain a complete (kernel/bin/usrbin)
>   source tree.

Use sup to bring the stuff to your local univ. then whatever to get it
to your house.  You can even setup a private sup database for yourself.

> David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto

Chris.