Re: Updating libdrm and xf86-video-ati?

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:03:19PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Robert Swindells found out that updating xf86-video-ati to 6.14.6 gets
> rid of some display problems introduced with the latest cairo.
>
> The release notes claim that that version needs libdrm-2.4.36 though,
> and xsrc only contains 2.4.20.
>
> Does anyone see a problem with updating the two?

I updated xf86-video-ati here and it works fine without the libdrm update.
The generated config.h needs some adjustment for the wrong libdrm version.
And the debug messages in the driver are annoying if you switch the console
but that is also the case for the current version. They only added some more
debug messages.

The updated libdrm requirment looked for me only for KMS, which we do
not use.

I plan to update the driver but that has to wait until Sunday.

Bernd