Subject: Re: Questions about (setting up) X on NetBSD v1.6.2/i386
To: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/17/2004 17:42:23
On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 05:18:08PM +0100, Ib-Michael Martinsen wrote:
> I agree it is hard to believe that com-ports are not supported.

It is found and seems to work:
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo

> uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0: Intel 82801DB USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev. 0x02)
> pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin A (line=ff)

But the usb hubs have problems with interrupt mapping, so those might not
work.

> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0

Hmm, and there is nothing attaching at the aux slot - so the ps/2 mouse
will not work. Strange.

I'd suggest you try a 2.0 release candidate and if there still are interrupt
mapping problems, try uncommenting the PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP option in the
GENERIC kernel config file.

Martin