Subject: X Can't Find a Server
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: None <jim.michael@toadmail.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 02/02/2004 23:46:11
On an i386 I ran xf86config to configure X.  During the configuration process I
was not asked to select a server ((such as XF86_SVGA, etc).  After completing
the configuration, I confirmed that the symbolic link points to the correct
server and found that /usr/X11R6/bin/X pointed to "XFree86".  I tried to start X
but received an error message stating it could not find a server.  I ran the
find command to find some of the server files such as XF86_SVGA, XF86_AGX, etc
but did not find any server files.  I did select to include X during installation.

Does NetBSD us XFree86 as the server file in all instances?  Is there a step I
missed somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
This mail sent using ToadMail -- Web based e-mail @ ToadNet