Subject: Re: Radeon 9200 revisited.
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Ryo HAYASAKA <ryoh@m3.dion.ne.jp>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/30/2004 02:19:23
In message <20040128060539.GA11228@olib.org>,
Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org> wrote:

> Is anyone else trying to use a Radeon 9200 with a quite recent -current
> (repleat with X server update)?
>
> Previously, the auto-config would try to make me use the "vga" driver.
> I found that substituting "vesa" worked very nicely.  If memory serves,
(snip)
> Any suggestions (other than reverting to something a bit older)?
> Or should I just wait until XFree86 4.4 is released and imported?
> (Or maybe try to grab the 4.4 sources myself and build those?)

The in-tree X does not detect RADEON 9200.  So, I tried to set up the
recent snapshot (version 4.3.99.902) of XFree86 a couple of days ago.

The "radeon" driver in the snapshot can be used and works fine, although
there is one problem that the console is black out after X.

The problem is fixed in our xsrc tree.  I am using the driver which is
patched locally.

--
Ryo HAYASAKA <ryoh@arcadia.jaist.ac.jp>