Re: shutdown sequence and UPS poweroff

On Mon, 9 Jan 2023 at 23:28, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:
>
> > If only we had a reliable way to remount filesystems from read-write
> > to readonly after flushing data, that could be an option on shutdown,
> > then the ups command could be triggered with no writable filesystems
> > :-P
>
> That is what ought to happen, yes.  I am sort of surprised that doesn't
> work.

I know it didn't work a while back, but I confess it's been a while
since I tried. If it is reliable it might be a interesting pattern to
switch criticallocal
filesystems to readonly at the end of the shutdown and have a final
point where UPs or other tasks could just just after that (allowing
that they do not have any writable storage)

David