Re: Setlist maintenance

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 04:06:57PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 04:52:08PM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:
>  > I totally agree with Thor, for more or less the very same reasons
>  > (building embedded systems) and I have nothing to add - and thus
>  > allow me to top post ;)
>
> And I agree too, not specifically because of embedded systems but on
> general principles of soundness. I would like to find a way to make
> the set lists (and install in general) more streamlined, but like in
> pkgsrc the crosschecking is important.
>
> (nonetheless, I still won't top-post.)

Would it make sense to be able to generate the smaller 'sets' from
a full build.
So that, for those sets, extra files wouldn't matter.

I do prefer having something that is a definition of what a release
contains - rather than being what happens to be in a chunk of
filestore at the time the release is done.

It can also be useful (at least in some environments) to rename
(or change the directory of) files at that point.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost