Re: pkgsrc and XAPPLRESDIR

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 02:36:18AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
 > Most users don't have any interest in how it works (or sucks)
 > but just want to know what's required to make it work.
 >
 > So my suggestion is to apply patch in xsrc/26357, or
 > add a MESSAGE file that mentions XAPPLRESDIR for pkg_add users.

As already pointed out, there'ss already a MESSAGE.

There are 108 packages whose PLIST matches lib/X11/app-defaults/.
Most of them are ancient things unlikely to get major updates from
upstream, so patching them isn't necessarily infeasible or reckless.

However, I thought of what might be a better way... is there an Xt
call that can load an app-defaults file such that the resources get
handled with the right search priority? Because if so, we can probably
solve the whole problem with some shared library hacks.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost