Subject: Re: bin/15142: cron doesn't use login.conf process limits
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/15/2003 04:29:21
[greywolf]
> [kpneal]
>> And I really really dislike the fact that there is no appeals
>> system.  [...]
> You are not alone.  [...]

Well, if this is turning into a gripefest...

I recall the time I submitted a PR for a bug I may be one of the few
people likely to notice (because it was a UI that used ^D for a
function that it should have used the user's EOF character for - I seem
to be one of the few holdouts that actually _uses_ the ability to
change things like EOF and suspend characters).

This got closed as "fixed in current" when it wasn't, apparently
without reading the description (that's conjecture, but I can't account
for it any other way).  I'm pretty sure I pointed this out, but I don't
recall the PR ever being re-opened.

Then there was the time I tried to get .h files fixed when they didn't
include files they needed.  (I got a bald "not a bug, won't be fixed".)

Things like those sure raise the activation energy for bothering to
send-pr other problems I notice.

Now, of course, things like this, or what greywolf experienced,
wouldn't be that much of a problem if they were rare, isolated, and
corrected when pointed out; anyone can make mistakes.  But that's not
the impression I've gotten; at _minimum_, there's a perception
problem....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign