Subject: Re: full-feature libbfd
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/15/2002 11:56:49
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

: 	i'm wondering if it is a good idea to provide full-feature
: 	/usr/lib/libbfd

This support was speifically designed *out* of the new toolchain layout
because we now have src/tools.  The overhead of maintaining a unified libbfd
(and the overhead of using it 8-) doesn't really outweigh simply making a
src/tools toolchain for the target.

(Remember that we once had this support in the old src/gnu/dist layout, as a
UNIFIED_BFD mk.conf option.  Later discussion about the new world toolchain
led to the decision to desupport this in favor of simply using src/tools.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@netbsd.org>