Re: gdb weirdnesses

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 02:27:53PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm running a multithreaded program in gdb on NetBSD-8.99.2/amd64.
>
> It doesn't show me some functions as completions for 'br', so I break
> on them anyway:
>
> Function "foo" not defined.
> Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y
> Breakpoint 1 (foo) pending.
>
> but it doesn't break on them, but exits (which is the problem I want
> to debug). When I break into 'main' and then step, it appears and I
> can step into the function.
>
> Another problem: after the first try I just wanted to br into main to
> try again. So I 'r' the process again and see:
>
> (gdb) r
> Starting program: /path/to/file
> Warning:
> Cannot insert breakpoint -38.
> Cannot access memory at address 0x7d2d33e63180
>
> Command aborted.
>

> I know that kamil has been complaining about lack of proper NetBSD
> support in gdb, but I think this worked better before. Ideas?

One more:

I _can_ break on path+line number:

(gdb) br /path/to/file:73
No source file named /path/to/file
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y
Breakpoint 1 (/path/to/file:73) pending.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /something

Breakpoint 1, foo::bar (this=this@entry=0x781434d80270)
    at /path/to/file:73
73          something
(gdb) s<RET>
(gdb) <RET>
335         if (pthread_sigmask(SIG_BLOCK, &sig_all, NULL)) {
(gdb) <RET>

hangs

 Thomas