Re: backing out rev. 1.2 of external/gpl3/binutils/dist/gas/write.c

On Dec 31, 2009, at 8:37 PM, enami tsugutomo wrote:

> I'll backout rev. 1.2 of external/gpl3/binutils/dist/gas/write.c since
> it makes as(1) to produce incorrect object code from correct source
> code.
>
> See PR#42479 for the problem description.

Actually, I've read it and it doesn't do that.  GCC is producing wrong code.

If you look at the slightly modified http://www.netbsd.org/~matt/vis.s where it
defines .LC999999=.LC2-5 and then each use of $LC2-5 is replaced by .LC999999
generates an identical object as is generated by the write.c change.

As that is correct assembly, the problem must be someplace else.  Now this
change may have that other problem to become visible but it is in no way
incorrect.

So please do not back out the change.