Subject: Re: Bash shell
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/19/2007 23:35:01
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:42:58 -0700
"Luong Ngo" <luong.ngo@gmail.com> wrote:

> When you said I can't cross compile pkgsrc, you mean there is no way
> to cross compile or that I am just not doing the right thing to cross
> compile it? Is there any chance to cross compile it using my own set
> of toolchains? If there is, could you please give me some directions?
You can't cross compile bash with the help of pkgsrc. pkgsrc suports
native compiles only. (At least at the moment.) You can cross compile
bash by hand with your toolchain. It is just more work, it is not
automagic like a native compile with pkgsrc.

Thats why I sugested ksh(1). ksh(1) is part of the NetBSD base system.
You can cross compile the entire base system. As you need to do this
anyway, you will get ksh for free.

Again: If you use a NetBSD kernel on your hardware I sugest to use the
NetBSD tools, i.e. build.sh and the NetBSD tool chain, to cross build
the kernel and userland. This will be much easier then everything else.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen