Subject: Re: cgd randomkey at start
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/02/2005 07:11:35
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Daniel Carosone wrote:

> > > # cgdconfig -s cgd0 /dev/wd0e aes-cbc 128 < /dev/urandom
> >
> > ...which does not work in cgd.conf.  8-)
>
> No, but with a little care it can work well enough in /etc/rc.conf.d/cgd

Well, you shouldn't have to do backflips to make this work.  The parameter
file /etc/cgd/<devname> should be capable of providing this key type
automatically to fit in with the normal "auto-configure" cgdconfig startup
option (-C).

One thing I noticed just now, though, is that /etc/rc.d/cgd isn't doing a
cgdconfig -U to unconfigure at shutdown.  This should be fixed; it will
cause RAIDframe parity problems at restart if a cgd is on a raid.  (My local
/etc/rc.d fixed this, but I forgot to commit the change back to -current.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>