Re: The essential problems of moving from CVS

On 2010-01-16 20:04 +0000 (Sat), David Holland wrote:

> When someone needs to be able to do something, and they're told that
> what they want to do doesn't make sense in the model your tool
> provides, the obvious conclusion is that the tool is not suitable.

Right. I absolutely agree with you that Git is not suitable for that
certain style of work. My question is, is that style of working so much
a priority that we are willing to stick with CVS if nothing else can
give us that? Or are we willing to do the same thing in a different way?

I myself don't find it difficult to deal with local mods that should not
get pushed back to the mainline, but if you do, I'm not going to argue
with that. That's a prefectly good reason to vote to stick with CVS.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs%cynic.net@localhost>         +81 90 7737 2974
             http://www.starling-software.com