Re: is the proof in the pudding?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 05:21:23PM +0200, Adam Hoka wrote:
 > The preferred method for end user 'consumption' should be a CVS
 > mirror or rsync (faster). Developers could just install it from
 > pkgsrc.  (Like we do with meta/pkg_developer and meta/netbsd-www)

I don't think that's a good idea, because it requires replicating all
changes into CVS, which if we were to adopt one of the distributed
systems wouldn't even work.

Also it means everyone still has to use CVS.

 > So admins or users who only want to track current or compile a custom system
 > don't have to learn/use/install "yet an other" SCM.

It's not a big deal if you're just pulling the tree.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost