Subject: Cross compiling
To: None <tech-ports@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: tech-ports
Date: 04/06/1996 21:25:24
What support, if any, is present to build a system on a i386 machine
for a MIPS machine?  More generally, cross compilation doesn't appear
to be supported at all in the .mk files that I've taken a look at.
Have I missed it somewhere?

I want to be able to do the moral equivalent of
	./configure --target mips-dec-netbsd
and then type make and have it work.  The kernel has a couple of
programs that it builds and executes to generate some files, for
example, that make this excersize harder than it would appear at first
blush.

If this is well documented somewhere I've overlooked, a simple pointer
would suffice.

Thanks much...

Warner