So many icewms

Hi folks,

I've completed my works on wip/icewm3 and wanted to get opinions,
reasons, and complains as to why there are so many icewms in pkgsrc.
We have icwm, icewm13, icewm14, icewm17 (wip), and now icewm3 (wip).
Is there are reason for this?

If there isn't a good reason, does it make sense to remove all the
old versions in favor of a single wm/icewm that would be the latest
3.x.y version?

If there is a good reason, could we move the original icewm to
icewm12 and making icewm3 the default, icewm? My logic for this is
that most people would want to most up-to-date vesion of a software
when they go to install it. If they require a lessor version for a
certain reason and we have that lessor version they can find it and
install that. Hopefully that made sense...

Thanks,

Kev