Re: no downloads except during fetch phase

On 4/29/24 20:17, Thomas Klausner wrote:
Hi!

Since this keeps popping up, I thought how we could disable downloads
during configure/build/test, and came up with the attached patch.

Basically, it's setting the proxy environment variables to an invalid
value, so everything that honors them will break with a hopefully easy
to understand error.

I tried this on a constructed package that ran wget, ftp, and curl
during the build and got:

That is very simple and clever. I like it!