Re: okteta

* On 2023-08-21 at 11:15 BST, Greg Troxel wrote:

I am also pretty sure pbulk will simply say "modified since"
and rebuild.

Correct.

Therefore, it seems we have arrived at "there is no problem with an
occasional instance of a version number going backwards".

That's certainly always been my opinion. The one thing I do want to add to the next version of pkgin is a deliberate marker for this in the output to at least notify the user that a package is being downgraded, in case they wish to evaluate alternative options (if available).

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com