Re: mysql-cluster update

* On 2020-09-13 at 06:31 BST, John Nemeth wrote:

> At some point, mysql-cluster got marked as broken due to not
> supporting OpenSSL 1.1.1.  This suprised me when I did an OS update
> and found myself minus part of a production database.  I am attempting
> to update the package.  It has many problems compiling on -current
> (most of which I've squashed).  I'm currently trying to solve a
> boost issue:

I've not ran into that particular problem, but FYI you may find some
useful patches in the packages of percona-cluster that I've been
maintaining:

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc-joyent/tree/master/percona57-cluster
  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc-joyent/tree/master/percona80-cluster

I always use the specific version of boost required by the package
rather than whatever version pkgsrc has at the time, fetching it as an
additional distfile.  Generally the build only requires the headers
anyway.

We've not had any requests for mysql-cluster, but percona cluster has
been pretty popular and works great.