Re: Intent to remove: devel/pthread-stublib

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 12:06 AM Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> Well, it is needed not just on old NetBSD. So unless you have also
> checked all the other older Unix systems, it should just stay around.

There are three uses of pthread-stublib in pkgsrc today. graphics/MesaLib/
buildlink3.mk has:

.if !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-[12].*)
.include "../../devel/pthread-stublib/buildlink3.mk"
.endif

This is probably an oversight, since no such include is in the Makefile.

In graphics/MesaLib7, it has the same. For non-NetBSD platforms, it uses
pthread.buildlink3.mk.

print/poppler-utils/Makefile has:

.if !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-[12].*)
.include "../../devel/pthread-stublib/buildlink3.mk"
PTHREAD_STUBLIB=        "-L${LOCALBASE}/lib -Wl,-R${LOCALBASE}/lib
-lpthstub"
.else
PTHREAD_STUBLIB=        # provided by libc
.endif

So there are in fact *no* uses of pthread-stublib on platforms other than
NetBSD 1 and 2 in pkgsrc. Hence, I reiterate my request to remove it.

--
Benny