packages requiring OpenMP

I am working on a package that requires OpenMP, but cannot figure out how to avoid “omp.h: file not found” errors.  I have tried installing lang/gcc5 because I thought that the recent gcc would have support.  However, that seems to install no (non c++) header files at all.

How can I satisfy the requirement for OpenMP?  Is there some package that provides it?  More generally, how can pkgsrc be used to manage compiler libraries like this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Brook