Re: netpbm: "Super Stable" -> "Advanced" -- please test

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 03:01:01PM +0200, Jörn Clausen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
> wrote:
> > and included html-to-man conversions of the documentation in the package.
>
> This is by far the best news in command-line-generated graphics this week!!!
>
> But testing this with my favorite useless tool in NetPBM shows:
>
> $ man pgmcrater
> [...]
>        pgmcrater is obsolete.  All it does now is invoke pamcrater,
>        pamshadedrelief, and pamtopnm.  You should use those programs in any
>        new application, or if you are modifying an old program or process that
>        does not have to work with a version of Netpbm before 10.68 (September
>        2014).  pgmcrater exists only for backward compatibility.
> [...]
>
> And although the package does install man-pages for pamcrater and
> pamshadedrelief, no such binaries are present. It seems that the code
> and the documentation are not in sync. But given the figures (10.68 vs
> 10.67.04 and September 2014), this is probably just a corner case due
> to unfortunate timing.

Upstream has a separate repository for the documentation. I couldn't
find any synchronization points to the repository containing the
"Advanced" branch, which we're currently following (there's a newer
"Development" branch, but that's just the svn trunk). Sorry.

I'll try to keep netpbm up-to-date in the future, which should make
them more in-sync again.
 Thomas