Re: package with regularly changing distfiles

Julio Merino writes:
 > On 9/20/11 11:37 AM, Brook Milligan wrote:
 > > After the freeze I will be committing several packages, one of which
 > > changes its distfiles regularly (i.e., monthly) and maintains no
 > > history.  The package need not be updated quite that regularly, so I
 > > am not concerned about the granularity of the packages themselves.
 > > However, I am concerned about populating the distfiles at
 > > ftp.netbsd.org so that the distfiles will be fetched from there once
 > > they are outdated on the main site.
 >
 > Can you talk to the maintainers of this distfile and explain them that
 > what they are doing is wrong?

I have had an ongoing exchange about this and it is evident to me that
the maintainers currently have no interest in changing their behavior.

As a result, I am still interested in the answer to my original
inquiry: what is the process of updating distfiles on ftp.netbsd.org
as fallbacks when the original ones disappear and how often does that
happen?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook