Re: Porting Pkgsrc to Minix

I would actually advice *against* doing that. It creates more problems
than it really fixes. What DragonFly is doing in contrast to NetBSD is
to basically ship a pre-bootstrapped system. Including working versions
of many of the core tools is fine, but pkg_install is quite likely to
create issues on the next round of changes that with forward
compatibility.

 Are you advising against adding pkgsrc as a program to the base system or against shipping a pre-bootstrapped version? Also what kind of changes are being planned?

Feel free to contact me if you run into problems with any part of the
core infrastructure, BTW.

Thanks, will do so :)

--
Gautam