Re: fix buildlinking or bump BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.startup-notification?

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 08:02:06AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I see the startup-notification's buildlink3.mk added:
> .include "../../x11/libxcb/buildlink3.mk"
> .include "../../x11/xcb-util/buildlink3.mk"
>
> But the
> BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.startup-notification+=startup-notification>=0.5
> stayed the same.
>
> I have an acceptable startup-notification version installed (0.9). So
> building pcmanfm which includes x11/startup-notification/buildlink3.mk
> fails with:
>
> ERROR: xcb-util>=0.3.3 is not installed; can't buildlink files.
>
> Simple fix is to bump BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.startup-notification.
>
> The ERROR doesn't make it easy as it doesn't show what actually required
> this. Also why doesn't it try to install that if it knows it is needed?
>
> For now I commented out the two includes above and pcmanfm builds for
> me.

And obache thinks I should adjust ABI_DEPENDS and revbump(1).
I consulted with Joerg after being poked about that, he said
it was at most a API bump.  I infered from this conversation
that pkgsrc didn't have a good way to handle this situation.

As no part of the 0.9 ABI/API changed in 0.10, I'm hesitant
to require 0.10 for either.

Is there perhaps a way to conditionally include the xcb
buildlinks based on the installed s-n version?

I take responsibility for breaking this. However, I'm
only going to fix it if I know I won't get complaints
about the fix.

        Jonathan Kollasch