Re: pkgsrc NEWS. Where?

On Sun, January 6, 2008 6:21 am, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

>> But having an introduction of new features is a very good idea!
> wiki? new mailing list? special marker to cvs commit's comment message?
>
>> Maybe this could be bundled with the quarterly release of the pkgsrc
>> branch.
> To make this quarterly - too seldom IMHO.
> Currently CHANGES-2007 look absolutely useless for me.

I've covered pkgsrc items on the DragonFly BSD Digest:

http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/index.php/category/pkgsrc

However, it's usually only as it affect DragonFly, so it's not going to
have a wide enough reach to really cover pkgsrc.  There's certainly enough
going on that a daily blog would work, but you need to have somebody
willing to read and summarize.

(My opinion is that far too much BSD stuff gets hidden away in mailing lists)