Subject: RE: libtool replacement (jlibtool) from devel/apr
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2007 06:32:23
Haai,

On Fri, December 28, 2007 04:03, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
>[snip]
> Personally, I think the C code is easier to read
> than the GNU libtool script.  I figure that
> this could be of benefit in pkgsrc--at least as
> much as anything else that reduces the amount
> of shell code could be. ;)

I presume you mean bad code, full of security holes and 'magic
statements', written by hardcore C programmers in a random, but inept,
shell with proper tools nor question? In that case, I have to agree,
although I'd much rather fix the programmers in question instead.

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!

--