Subject: Re: New emulator framework...
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@buildlink.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/30/2007 09:49:04
Juan RP wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:09:47 +0000
> "Johnny C. Lam" <jlam@pkgsrc.org> wrote:
>
>> You don't need any options.  On amd64, if you do:
>>
>> 	cd pkgsrc/www/opera && make install
>>
>> the emulator framework will see that the opera package only supports
>> "linux-i386" on your platform, and use the appropriate "linux-i386"
>> SuSE dependencies for your platform.  If that's not happening, then
>> can you give the output of the following?
>>
>> 	cd pkgsrc/www/opera
>> 	make show-vars VARNAMES="_EMUL_MACHINE_PLATFORM EMUL_PLATFORM"
>> 	make show-vars VARNAMES="EMUL_OPSYS EMUL_ARCH"
>> 	make show-depends
>
> It's not happening, here is the output:
>
> $ make show-vars VARNAMES="_EMUL_MACHINE_PLATFORM EMUL_PLATFORM"
> netbsd-x86_64
> linux-i386
> $ make show-vars VARNAMES="EMUL_OPSYS EMUL_ARCH"
> linux
> i386
> $ make show-depends
> suse_x11>=7.3:../../emulators/suse100_x11
> $

Thanks for the information.  It looks like the emulator framework is
properly detecting both the native platform as well as the platform to
emulate, but is pulling in the wrong dependencies.  I've tracked this
down to a missed variable renaming in suse100_linux/emulator.mk that
I've fixed in current pkgsrc.  Could you update your pkgsrc and give
opera another try?

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>