Subject: Re: changing directories in INSTALL/DEINSTALL scripts
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jul.sieben@kh-22.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2007 22:01:10
I wrote:

> among other problems I just noticed that print/tex-hugelatex has an
> INSTALL script where the current directory is changed. This leads to
> a problem in the "footer" section because +INSTALL cannot be found.
>
> Instead of prohibiting the "cd" command I propose to fix this kind of
> problem in pkgsrc and insert "cd ${CURDIR}" at the top of
>
>   deinstall-pre
>   deinstall
>   install
>   install-post
>   footer
>
> This is a simple change fixing a real problem and should be done
> despite the freeze, IMO.

Nobody had an opinion about this, so binary packages of
print/tex-hugelatex are still broken in pkgsrc-2007Q2.

I will add the "cd" commands some time this week to avoid the problem in
the future.
Possibly affected files and packages (after "grep cd" through the tree):

mail/pymsgauth/INSTALL
mail/qmail-run/INSTALL
net/djbdns-run/INSTALL
print/tex-hugelatex/INSTALL