Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Freeze for the pkgsrc-2006Q4 branch
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/15/2006 21:47:42
Just a heads-up that we'll be starting the freeze for pkgsrc on 16th
December, and that we expect it to last a maximum of 2 weeks.

We're doing this to stabilise pkgsrc infrastructure - only essential
maintenance to packages should take place.  The aim is to have a
stable, usable and maintainable branch - excessive changes prior and
during the freeze cause problems in this area - please desist from
making any non-essential changes until after the freeze has ended.

Finally, Joerg has been quite instrumental in focussing a hackathon
based on irc.freenode.net at #pkgsrc on 27-29th December, with a view
to fixing bugs and closing out PRs in preparation for our new branch.
All welcome...

Many thanks,
Alistair