Subject: support for nForce 430 ethernet
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/2006 16:48:44
Hello

I've updated William S. Morgart's work on nVidia nForce ethernet support
so that it builds on NetBSD-current and support the nForce 430.

The original work can be obtained here:
http://www.morgart.com/NetBSD/nVidia/nvnet/=20
It's a wrapper against a binary driver provided by nVidia.

And here is my patch for NetBSD-current and nForce 430 support:
http://hcpnet.free.fr/nforce430eth.diff

It would be nice to have this integrated more tightly in NetBSD. Given
that the license prohibits reverse engineering the binary driver, I
guess it cannot be included in the NetBSD kernel like the ath binary
driver was. Could it be integrated in pkgsrc?

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Un bouquin en fran=E7ais sur BSD:
http://www.eyrolles.com/Informatique/Livre/9782212114638/livre-bsd.php