Subject: Re: bootstrapping bmake, etc. on MacOS X 10.3.9 and 10.2.8
To: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/19/2005 21:44:24
Part of the problem is that nobody has manually compared the bootstrap
provided mk files with the mk files as provided by the maintainer of
bmake and mk-files.

We could get rid of the bootstrap/mods/mk/ and bootstrap/bmake/mk/
mk-files. And have the bootstrap script install the ../devel/mk-files
instead. (I had put in my ../devel/mk-files/files/ for testing.) I had
various problems when I did this. But I will give this a test again.

I had access to a Mac OS X box, but I don't know what version it is at
now.

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/