Subject: Re: bootstrap re-engineering status?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2005 21:33:49
>(I only commited update to bmake as found in latest source tarball. I
>didn't make any change yet to remove the LIBC usage from bsd.prog.mk.)

I've already removed the LIBC settings from prog.mk - but how that
relates to pkgsrc bsd.prog.mk I don't know.

Also the unit-tests pass fine in bmake itself (on all the systems I have
access to), if bootstrap/bmake is now using bmake/boot-strap the
unit-tests should be run as part of that.

>I have carbon copied this to the bmake maintainer and bmake autoconf
>developer.
>
>Simon: can you look at this?
>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/11/06/0016.html

test results don't look good ;-)

Mark, what happens on OS X if you just grab bmake and boot-strap it by
itself?  Ie.

cd /tmp
fetch ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/sjg/bmake-20051105.tar.gz
fetch ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/sjg/mk-20051104.tar.gz
tar zxf bmake-20051105.tar.gz
tar zxf mk-20051104.tar.gz
./bmake/boot-strap

Thanks