Subject: Re: Can't run PHP on NetBSD
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/16/2004 07:52:44
Sean Davis wrote:
> Yes, and it always has... can we get some sort of warning like we have with
> "make replace"? experimental target, data loss may be experienced, that sort
> of thing? because I've had make update DTRT perhaps 10% of the many times
> I've used it. And only ever on small things that nothing else depended on.

Make update mostly works fine for me here.

The PHP case is special, since many sub-packages we renamed recently
(including ap-php4 -> ap-php), so make update could not replace them
properly.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-