Subject: Re: libtool build problems
To: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/29/2004 13:42:23
On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 10:53:23AM +0100, Marc Recht wrote:
> >I saw the same thing yesterday.  I rebuilt libtool-base and all was fine.
> I tried that first. But it the error remains the same... :-/

this is a result of toolchain/24593: -current cannot compile c++ programs.
The recent split of the exception handling routines of libgcc.a into
libgcc_eh.a seems not to completely work yet.
Therefore libtool's configure cannot run a certain test program and a string
remains empty.

A workaround is to combine the two libraries again, so you have the state
from before:
cd `mktemp -d libgcc`
ar xo /usr/lib/libgcc.a
ar xo /usr/lib/libgcc_eh.a