Subject: NetBSD/gnome is a disaster area!
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/17/2004 14:09:35
I've been following NBSD-CURRENT for about a year or so.  I've
consistently had problems updating my gnome installation, expecially
in the last month or so.

Every time I update /usr/pkgsrc I find that pkg_chk -u deletes half
my gnome packages and then trips over its own feet when compiling
the 'updates'.  Then I'm always left with a non-functional gnome
installation on my NetBSD machines.  Thank God for xfce4!

Is there some way of improving the situation?  Maybe trying to compile
gnome updates before commiting them?  Something?  Anything?