Subject: auto deinstall and reinstall if already installed and no dependencies
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2004 23:26:47
It would be a good time saver to have an option to automatically
pkg_delete a package that has no dependencies if it just built and then
install it.

For example:

 p5-XML-Parser-2.31 is already installed - perhaps an older version?
 *** If so, you may use either of:

I know we already have make update that will also automatically delete
packages, but it is more dangerous because it recursively deletes.

I want something simple so if it doesn't have any dependency and it just
successfully built then it might as well pkg_delete the old one (since
you are already planning to install again) and then install again.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/