Subject: Re: [bootstrap-pkgsrc]: bsd.lib.mk issue...
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/27/2004 05:55:23
Le Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:57:18 +1100
grant beattie a ecrit :
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 02:46:39AM +0100, Juan RP wrote:
>
> > > I seem to recall some issue with ar, but that may have been the use
> > > of'ar cq' vs 'ar -cq'.
> >
> > Can you guys test this in Solaris and IRIX?
> >
> > if so, we could do the commit now... if it's ok :-)
>
> ar cq, -cq, -c -q all work on Solaris 9 and Darwin.

Then where on earth does those .mk files come in the first place?  When I
asked Alistair about it, he said something about Darwin.  NetBSD's
bsd.lib.mk never had "-c -q".

What if we started a bit more "from scratch" with those files and imported
the latest version.  Then we could make them multi-platform.

"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.
Should I lay my fiddle down and take a rifle from the ground ?"
Leigh Nash/Sixpence None The Richer, Paralyzed, Divine Discontents, 2002.