Subject: Re: bmake link errors running bootstrap-pkgsrc bootstrap twice
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Mark Valentine <mark@valentine.me.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2003 22:25:38
> From: sjg@crufty.net (Simon J. Gerraty)
> Date: Mon 6 Oct, 2003
> Subject: Re: bmake link errors running bootstrap-pkgsrc bootstrap twice

> FWIW the boot-strap script which comes with recent bmake versions does
> ${MAKE:-make} -f makefile.boot clean
> before doing anything else.  To cover this case.

For this situation that would work only due to the fact that makefile.boot
removes more *.o files than it's really responsible for.  If it was "fixed"
only to clean up after itself, then the lst*.o files created by running
bmake -f Makefile would remain.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."
"We're kind of stupid that way."   *munch* *munch*