Subject: GCC_VERSION [was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang/gcc3]
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2003 09:20:14
On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 10:42  PM, grant beattie wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 10:15:23PM +1000, grant beattie wrote:
>
>>> ${PKGVERSION:C/nb*//} ?
>>
>> that would work.. i'll wait and see what 3.3.1 brings..
>
> okay - after seeing drochner's new packages, I've done this across
> all the gcc packages.

   This should be changed to be consistent with what other
packages are doing: instead of defining the version three
times within the Makefile and then deriving GCC_VERSION
from one of them, just set GCC_VERSION=3.3 and then just
use ${GCC_VERSION} in DISTNAME, PKGNAME, and MASTER_SITES.

   Also, there seems to be quite a bit of redundancy
between the Makefiles in the various gcc3 packages that
should probably be split out into a "Makefile.common".

   Cheers
       ,
    Rene