Subject: strange optimization bug in pth
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/27/2002 14:28:18
Hi,

while preparing a native NetBSD OpenOffice package, I've found some
optimization problems in devel/pth.
Attaching gdb it reports a segfault but at that point the stack is already
too thoroughly thrashed to get anything useful out of it. So I've just
tried to disable optimization (-O0) and the bug was gone. (Any attempt to
enable a little bit of optimization was futile however. Even -O and
switching the difference again off via -f statements doesn't help).

So, what's the best way to resolve this? Should I just go ahead and disable
optimization for building pth? If yes, for all architectures or just i386?

My system: NetBSD 1.5ZA from 2001/12/23, i386, pkgsrc from 2002/01/26.

Michael