Subject: Re: use of BULK_PREREQ
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/08/2001 21:47:05
   this may be a bug.  I'll try and find some time to take a look.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but the behavior of the bulk build
scripts can be recovered by including the following in /etc/mk.conf:

USE_BULK_CACHE?=        yes

This variable is set by the bulk build scripts prior to running make.

The effect is to trigger a conditional that installs all the required
binary packages.  Without this, it appears that no BULK_PREREQ
packages are installed (I think I was wrong when I said earlier that
digest was installed).

Two things to consider:

- should BULK_PREREQ packages be installed whenever the bulk-package
  target is invoked, not just when USE_BULK_CACHE is defined?

- should Packages.txt document this variable?

Cheers,
Brook