Subject: imake and *makedep* question
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/26/2000 10:25:24
I'm tying to fix x11/wmtime on sparc and pmax.  What I see is on i386:

===> Configuring for wmtime-1.0b2
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
make Makefiles
make includes
make depend
rm -f .depend
gccmakedep -f-  --   -I/usr/X11R6/include   -DCSRG_BASED   -DFUNCPROTO=15
        -DNARROWPROTO    -- wmtime.c
         ../wmgeneral/wmgeneral.c                 ../wmgeneral/misc.c
        ../wmgeneral/list.c > .depend

note its "gccmakedep".

on sparc/pmax, I see the same thing except its "makedepend".

anyone know if

a) there is an easy way to override this?

b) why the difference anyway?

if I manually run "gccmakedep" on sparc/pmax, then it compiles correctly
while using "makedepend" makes it not compile correctly.

Thanks

-Dan