Subject: Re: Package building questions...
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/1999 23:00:22
On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 01:38:14AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> I also have 2.1.7 running here at home, and I also have a package for it
> (in case you want it, let me know). There's also 2.1.10 out, but I didn't
> find time to update my package.
>
> The reason this isn't in pkgsrc is that all these versions are tagged
> "beta". (Although I have to say I have _never_ seen 2.1.7 or anything else
> crashing... maybe I should just commit it? What do people think?)

I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been a full release of fvwm 2 yet.

The package we have now is just as "beta" as 2.1.10, as I understand it. The
fvwm site download page <http://www.fvwm.com/download.html> indicates this,
at any rate.

FWIW, 2.1.7 has been rock solid for me for a while now, as has 2.0.46 or
whatever the package tree version is.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped